What does anxiety feel like and I how do I know if I need help?
Anxiety can feel very different for different people. It can manifest in many ways like:
- Physical – fatigue, sweating, palpitations, muscle tension, nausea, chronic indigestion, feeling of impending doom
- Cognitive – racing thoughts, unwanted thoughts, self-doubt, irrational fears, poor concentration, excessive worry
- Behavioral – sleep problems, hypervigilance, perfectionism, compulsive behaviors, irritability
Would you like help dealing with your anxiety?
My goal is to help reduce worry, anxious rumination, avoidance, and unwanted intrusive thoughts. I have specialized in this area for over 10 years and can share approaches to help you find relief. I have experience helping clients conquer:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Sleep Disturbances
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Social Anxiety
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Eating Disorders
I treat anxiety by using both Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Mindfulness. CBT works by looking at how our thoughts and feelings are connected. In many cases, these thoughts and feelings may be causing more distress than is necessary.
Anxiety treatment often includes having homework assignments to help learn new skills and reduce unwanted symptoms.
Together we can overcome these hurdles!